Quilters Common Pillowcase Challenge
A Charity Event
- Contestants must purchase a minimum of 1/3 yard fabric from Quilters Common to be used in their challenge pillowcase(s). A complementary pillow case pattern is available at the shop.
- Make a pillowcase and embellish, embroider, applique, jazz it up any way you decide – you are the designer. Just be sure that it is a useable and washable pillow case!
- Enter your completed pillowcase(s) anytime through June 15, 2013 by bringing it to the shop washed and pressed along with one or more non-perishable food items. Food will be donated to charity.
- Each contestant can enter one or two of their favorite pillowcases to be displayed for voting and the challenge prizes. We encourage you to bring in as many pillowcases as you can. For each one donated, you will receive one entry in our Door Prize Drawing. All pillowcases will be donated to charity.
How to VOTE:
- All challenge pillowcases will be numbered and displayed at Quilters Common for voting June 16, 2013 through July 14, 2013.
- Drop a quarter (or more) into the voting box of your favorites. You can vote for as many as you wish! All voting $$$$ goes to charity!
Win a Quilters Common Gift Certificate:
- On Monday, July 15, 2013, all the monies collected for each pillowcase will be counted.
- The contestant whose pillowcase receives the most votes/$$$$ will win a $50.00 Quilters Common Gift Certificate. The 2nd place runner up will receive a $25.00 Quilters Common Gift Certificate.
- Everyone! You’ll have fun and know that you have contributed to some wonderful charities.
- Wakefield Interfaith Food Pantry will receive the donated non-perishable food.
- Friends Fighting Breast Cancer, a local group, will receive all the voting money collected.
- The “Hole in the Wall Gang Camp” (Paul Newman’s group) for seriously ill children and Conkerr Cancer – Boston Chapter will receive all the pillow cases collected.
- One Grand Prize Winner – a $50.00 Quilters Common Gift Certificate
- One 2nd Prize Winner – a $25.00 Quilters Common Gift Certificate
- Lots and lots of Prizes will be awarded. Categories include: most pillowcases donated, Antoinette’s favorite, Colette’s favorite, and more…. Door Prize Drawings too! You don’t have to be present to win. The more pillowcases donated the more chances to win!